Is honoring your heritage and telling your story an important part of your event, project, or presentation?
Do you need help researching something about your food heritage or culture?
- Do you want to serve creative food that is inspired by your heritage at your event?
- Do you need expert advice, brainstorming help, accountability, or strategy for your project?
- Do you want to create a food-themed gift like a family recipe book?
- Do you need help developing a workshop or presentation about food, culture, and heritage?
- Do you want to create rituals or recipes for your family that honor more than one culture or tradition?
I collaborate with individuals, communities, businesses, and organizations on projects that bring culinary tradition and food heritage into your events, rituals, mementos, and celebrations. We can also work together to design educational workshops and events that use food and cultural heritage to facilitate conversations about identity and belonging, to foster empathy and connection, and to explore and celebrate traditions and stories of generations past
I collaborate with clients to incorporate their stories, culture, and heritage into mementos, gifts, projects, and events in creative, thoughtful, and beautiful ways.
I can work with you on developing the concept for a special occasion, researching or developing recipes, or creating content that tells your story in everything from speeches, wedding vows, and gifts to presentations, curricula, and corporate anniversaries. Together, we'll brainstorm possibilities, develop ideas, create a strategy, and execute a plan in order to bring about your vision.
Custom Catering for Small Private Events and Intimate Celebrations
I work closely with clients to develop menus that are inspired by and reflect the theme of your special occasion. I can work from you family recipes or develop menus that are infused with the flavors and specialties that are meaningful to you.
I use the freshest, seasonal, and locally sourced ingredients to provide you with food that is inspired, beautiful and memorable.
I WORK WITH A VARIETY OF CLIENTS:
- Cultural Institutions
- Community Organizations
- Individuals and Couples
- Historic Sites
- Museums and Memorials
- Creative Entrepreneurs
ON A VARIETY OF PROJECTS:
- Concept development for events and celebrations
- Content creation, storytelling, copywriting
Educational programming and facilitation
- Curriculum Development
- Event Planning
- Research and Development
- Recipe Development
- Culinary Demonstrations
- Ritual Creation
- Creative Brainstorming
No matter who you are, if you want creative ways to honor your heritage, to teach, to preserve tradition, or to share stories about the past, or to teach others about it, I can help.
I'm a big fan of Emily's work.
"I am big fan of Emily’s work both at the Museum and beyond. She has that all-too-rare combination of creativity and dependability, and she is devoted to following her creative intuition in a manner that is inspirational to all."
- Dr. Annie Polland, VP for Programs & Education, The Lower East Side Tenement Museum
I have yet to taste a wedding cake that even approaches Emily's delicious chocolate masterpiece.
"After five seasons shooting TLC's Four Weddings, I have yet to taste a wedding cake that even approaches Emily Halpern's delicious chocolate masterpiece for our wedding. Even our frozen piece we shared at our first anniversary was still good!".
-Alan McIntyre Smith, Cinematographer
The audience loved it!
"Thank you so much for your cooking demonstration yesterday. The audience loved it! We hope to have you back next year!"
-Hanna Griff, Director of Cultural Programs, Museum at Eldridge Street
My services may be perfect for you if:
- you're planning a family celebration like a big birthday, a reunion, an anniversary, or a birth, and you're looking for unique ways to use food to honor your heritage and integrate it into your celebration.
- you're marrying someone with a different cultural heritage, and you want to find ways to incorporate aspects of both traditions into your ceremony and reception.
- you are a multi-cultural couple who wants to raise children with an awareness of their culture and roots, and you want a creative collaborator to help you develop new rituals and traditions.
- you want to update family recipes to suit your lifestyle or dietary restrictions.
- you are planning a celebration for your business, like a retreat, an anniversary gala, or team building event and need help with creative direction, planning the menu, or catering.
- you want to use food to create a unique culture or heritage-themed event for your team, club, or organization.
- you want to create a meaningful educational experience at your school, congregation, or club using food as a teaching tool.
Here's how you get started:
Fill out the no-obligation application below.
At the scheduled time of your consultation, we'll talk about your needs and goals, and I'll answer any questions you may have about how we would work together.
I'll create a proposal with my recommendations explaining how I can help you reach your goals. If you agree, we'll get started!