THE REPAST PROCESS
You've always dreamed of starting a business.
And you're finally doing it...
But, for some reason, you just can’t seem to actually take the leap and get started.
You’re seriously stuck.
- You're overwhelmed by trying to do all the things, and you don't know where to focus your energy.
- You're trying to be everything to everyone, so it feels like you're reinventing the wheel in your business with each new client.
- You have trouble telling people what you do without sounding muddled, and instead of attracting clients, you’re getting a whole lot of…crickets…
- Something about your business just hasn’t clicked into place, which makes you feel like a giant imposter.
- You're spinning your wheels and getting nowhere fast.
It’s not that you don't have enough ideas.
In fact, you’re overwhelmed by more ideas than you know what to do with (see: multi-passionate, renaissance soul, "multipotentialite").
It’s knowing how to choose between them, or how to pull out the common thread that can tie them all together that is enough to make your head spin.
When you try to make a plan, you get so overwhelmed by the options and so intimidated by others' success, that you're ready to throw in the towel before you even begin.
Trying to make sense of what you actually have to offer and putting it all into words is no easy task.
And, deep down, you're secretly afraid that you're not actually cut out for this solo-entrepreneur thing after all...
You've got what it takes. Promise.
It's just that you can't rely only on passion, talent, drive, and a dream to make things work.
People who build successful creative businesses have the clarity they need to navigate uncharted territory, the focus to set and reach their goals, and the confidence to shout about what they do from the rooftops so that the right people pay attention.
Starting a business is scary stuff.
I know how hard it is to feel confident about what you're doing when you're feeling muddled and overwhelmed.
And when you’re just starting out, it’s easy to feel like you need to style your business after the ones you see succeeding around you.
Listen, I've been there.
Having spent my entire career pursuing more than one passion, navigating my way through cultural industries, and coming up with more ideas than I could ever possibly use, I know how overwhelming it can be to try to find direction, to stay focused and set boundaries, and stay the course when you're just starting out.
Especially when you're creating something out of nothing in an industry with no clear roadmap to success.
Especially if the people in your world don't share your values, celebrate your creativity, support your unconventional choices, believe in your vision, or encourage your dreams.
Especially without outside help.
So what's a stuck solopreneur to do?
How do you fin CLARITY, FOCUS, and CONFIDENCE, when that's what you struggle with the most?
Start by being yourself.
You've got the market cornered.
The Repast Process is about leveraging your unique strengths to build strong foundations so you can grow a thriving business that works for you.
That makes for a business that will be more rewarding and fulfilling for you to run, and it’s your quickest way to being recognized for what you, uniquely, have to offer.
When you bake who you are into what you do, people see you as memorable and unique, and you attract clients who resonate with what you, specifically, are bringing to the table.
And when you actually get to just be yourself, your confidence skyrockets. You stop worrying about what people might think, and you no longer feel the need to model your business on everyone else's.
I'll equip you with the tools and the support you need to focus your passion into a plan.
Working together, we'll stick to simple, straightforward strategies to get you going on the right foot and set you up to navigate the winding path ahead, making smart course-corrections as you move on down the road.
I won't teach you fancy marketing tactics, super advanced tricks, one-size-fits-all advice or all that stuff that feels over your head. And unlike when you take big group courses that teach you similar concepts (and still cost an arm and a leg), you'll get personalized help and my undivided attention.
I'll help you integrate and implement what you learn, and I'll walk you through this journey until you're ready to fly on your own.
When you’ve gone through the whole Repast Process, You'll have strong foundations and a clear and polished brand to serve as the anchor that keeps you grounded, the compass that keeps you on course, and the framework that informs the choices you make, the goals you set, and the people with whom you collaborate.
You’ll be able to:
- clearly articulate exactly what you do.
- identify exactly whom you do it for.
- know your why aka, be able to tell people what makes you passionate about what you do and what sets you apart from others in your field.
- offer a clear and straight-forward package that meeds the needs and solves the problems of your potential clients.
- have a feel for the story you want to tell on your website, in your social media, and in all of the other content you plan to create.
- start getting clients (because we'll have established where you plan to find your clients online, in person, and everywhere else).
- know how to overcome overwhelm and quiet the self-destructive chatter
- be crystal clear on where you're headed and what actions you need to take to get you there.
The very best part?
You'll come away with the confidence and clarity you need to build the business you've been dreaming about.
( Imposter syndrome not included )
Ready to take the first step?
Clarity + Confidence = Clients
The Repast Process is a three-phase system that takes you from frustrated to focused.
We start with you. We'll dive deep into your story to find out about what motivates you and what you've been dreaming of creating. We'll also take a serious look at where your business stands now, what's been tripping you up, and what's been keeping you stuck.
Next, we'll explore your natural strengths and talents and explore ways to leverage them in your work. We'll get to know what gives you a sense of purpose and flow and discover your personal perspectiveabout the work you do.
Next, you'll create a profile of your ideal customer. By getting really specific about who you want to work with and by understanding their needs and desires, you'll more easily find them and they'll find you.
We'll package up your expertise, outline your services, and come up with your signature offers, weaving who you are through everything you do. We'll determine how clients hire you and what they can expect when they do.
MESSAGE & POSITIONING
We'll shape a compelling brand message that positions your business to stand out from the crowd, and we'll make sure your pricing matches your positioning. We'll communicate your story to express the value of what you do in ways that attract ideal clients.
We'll brainstorm ways you can best reach your clients and deliver value that makes a lasting impression. We'll talk opt-ins, blogs, podcasts, and other types of content that best reflect your brand, suit your needs, leverage your strengths, and resonate with your audience.
You're just 3 steps away from a business you're proud of.
What are you waiting for?
The Repast Process is for people like you who want to leverage their strengths, set their business up for success, and stand out from the crowd.
- You'll get worksheets and templates to help you make sense of your ideas, clarify your business vision, and zero in on your brand story.
- You'll get recordings of each session so you can review them over and over.
- By the end of our work, you'll end up with a Brand Blueprint, which includes your:
- brand positioning statement
- ideal customer profile
- signature offer(s)
- personal brand narrative
- elevator pitch
- your signature process for delivering your services and engaging with your clients.
- Rock-solid business foundations that keep you focused and set you up for success.
- A crystal clear brand message that leverages your strengths and positions you to find and attract the clients and opportunities that are right for you.
- Perfectly packaged services that make it easy for customers to know want what you're selling.
- Systems and strategies that never get old, so you can make smart decisions for your business now and in the future.
- The clarity, confidence, and motivation you need to hit the ground running.
This is for you if you want to:
- have a clear path forward with your work.
- position yourself as an authority and stand out in your crowded industry.
- attract dream clients and do the work you're best at.
- have a simple roadmap to help make consistent decisions about your business in the future.
- highlight your strengths and leverage your experience to craft a purposeful business that blends your personality with your passions.
- feel calm, confident, and in control of your business.
- feel proud and credible (not like a fraud) when explaining what you do to clients and colleagues.
There's a BONUS!
I prefer to get to know you, help you out, and then continue to support you over the long haul.
That's why, in addition to your initial sessions, I'm throwing in a 7th session that you can schedule any time for up to a year after we finish our initial work. Clients like using this for any number of things:
- Brainstorming anything from new offers to on-brand content.
- A mini review of your website.
- Planning and goal-setting.
- Clarity, moral support, or a "tune-up" of any kind to address whatever is on your mind.
Your Time Commitment:
Installment plans available.
Why is this important?
Solopreneurship can take you down a bumpy road. Don't let following your passion leave you in the weeds. When you're charting your own path, it helps to be in the driver's seat. Creating a business concept with an understanding of who you are, what's really important to you, and where you shine is an important aspect of getting off on the right foot. And setting down solid business foundations and establishing a strong brand identity helps you gain the clarity, focus, and confidence you need to take the reins, map out a plan, and make informed, intentional choices as your business grows.
Who do you work with?
I work with purpose-driven creatives whose work is focused on food, heritage, or culture: chefs and caterers, health-coaches and nutritionists, activists and educators, creatives and consultants who want to focus their creative passions into businesses that allow them to get paid while doing At the coaching/concept development stage, my clients are usually in the very early stages of starting a business or developing a business idea, and they need help finding direction. Some still have 9-5 day jobs, others have been freelancing for some time, and need help organizing their work under an umbrella that makes sense to them and others. Some of my clients are small startups and solo-entrepreneurs who have recently gotten started and need some help determining their direction, while some are seasoned business owners who feel unhappy, unfocused, or frustrated with their current brand or business trajectory and want to make a pivot or undertake a rebrand.
Can’t I just DIY this?
You could. Sort of. You can find a lot of the same advice and techniques from other coaches, from articles, from books, and self-guided courses. But something tells me that if you could have done it on your own, you would have done it already, no? This is tough stuff to do without an objective outside eye, and it's impossible to exaggerate the enormous value of getting constant encouragement and support. My strengths are making sense of stories and ideas that are hard to make sense of, boiling things down to their essentials, and identifying potential and possibilities that are hard for others to see. I combine my expertise in communications and coaching to provide personalized attention and help you understand yourself and your dream business that you just can't achieve on your own. Promise.
I’m just starting out, and I’m not sure I should invest more money on my biz...
Oooh, I hear you. Starting a business is expensive. But what better thing to invest in than your dreams? When you're not yet raking in the dough, it's hard to decide where to spend it. But without strong foundations in your business, you'll keep spinning your wheels. Ask yourself: How long have I been dreaming about this? What is it costing me to stay stuck? What if I could be well on my way to launching a new business in a matter of months? This is an investment in your happiness and future fulfillment, and the value of what you learn with me won't expire over time. This is an investment in the future of your business that will pay for itself. Plus, unlike a lot of the other things you could spend your money on at this point (trendy marketing tactics, a fancy copywriter, even a beautifully designed website), the value of what you learn with me won't expire over time.
I already bought xyz other service or course to help me brand my business, so why is this any different?
I designed The Repast Process to jumpstart your growth and kickstart your confidence. It’s about getting started with a killer idea and strong brand basics, not fancy marketing tactics that won't be relevant anymore in a few months. But this work isn't just about getting things down on paper. It's about the kind of learning, reflection, and self-discovery that makes you a smarter, savvier, more confident solopreneur, right out of the gate. As you're guide, I'll give you my undivided attention and support and hold you accountable. I'll help you implement and integrate what you learn as you go, so you can't spin yourself in circles or procrastinate until you're "ready" (hint: you'll never feel ready).
What if I change things about my business or brand and all the work I do with you no longer applies?
Good news. Although I don't believe in one-size-fits all business solutions, the basic concepts, guidelines, and strategies that we will use to get your business in ship-shape are easily applied at every step of your journey. You'll have gained insights about yourself that will remain useful throughout your career, even if you one day decide that entrepreneurship isn't for you. Plus, if you really get stuck, you can cash in on your bonus 7th session anytime within a year from our original work.
How do I know if this is really for me?
This is for you if you want:
- to highlight your strengths and leverage your experience to craft a purposeful business that blends your personality with your passions.
- to have a clear path forward with your work.
- to position yourself as an authority.
- to work with more dream clients and stop working with the not so dreamy ones.
- a roadmap to help make consistent decisions about your business in the future.
This may not be for you if:
- You're looking for a quick fix
- You're looking for a one-size-fits-all solution.
- You don't want your business to reflect who you are.
- You're a bigger business, not a solopreneur.
I don't have a business yet, but I have some ideas. Can I participate?
Not quite yet. If you're thinking about starting a business or focusing your ideas into a particular project, but you're still not quite sure if that's the right career move, check out my Career Hungry Coaching services.
What results can I expect?
- As a result of working with me, my clients have:
- Been featured in Real Simple, The New York Times, 100 Layer Cake, and many more.
- Streamlined (or completely overhauled) their business model.
- Launched new businesses.
- Launched new blogs and podcasts.
- Gotten hired for dream gigs.
- Left their day jobs.
- Signed their first clients.
- Created new services and stopped offering others.
- Signed more clients.
- Grown their audiences.
- Increased their prices.
Through this work, you'll...
- overcome the overwhelm
- narrow in on exactly what you want to do.
- get the clarity that will help you set goals and go after them with a new sense of purpose.
- package your expertise into services that you’re excited to offer
- build a business and brand that plays to your strengths and leverages your potential.
Emily gets it!
"Emily gets it! It’s always easier when the person you’re working with fully gets the vision and objective behind the project. She helped the team a lot with organizing our ideas. She asked really smart questions that made us think of answers and points of view that we hadn’t thought of before. Along with being creative, she has a very good business acumen which made her feedback even more valuable."
-Hisham El Bassiouni, Co Founder, Henak
Having Emily's support and weekly accountability has been essential for me to get the ball rolling.
"What a difference working with Emily has made! I had hit a major wall and was feeling very stuck and unmotivated to move things along with my new business. Having Emily's support and weekly accountability has been essential for me to get the ball rolling. I leave every call with a renewed sense of purpose. She has become a trusted friend and invaluable resource."
-Emily Gerger, The Cooking Habit
She guided me through a path of questions to help really uncover what was trapped behind the weeds, so to speak.
“I came to Emily in a state of overwhelm about my business, knowing there WAS a way out, but not being able to see it! I was struggling to get out of my own head: to find clarity amidst all the conflicting advice I’d had around creating an 'umbrella' term for my business to fall under. Through her reflective approach, she guided me through a path of questions to help really uncover what was trapped behind the weeds, so to speak.
Emily was clear and practical, but also empathized with my issues and was able to balance the listening role with suggestions and reflecting back some of the things I’d said but not noticed. Once we discussed some of the key themes Emily pointed out to me, I felt much more able to re-work my copy and answer some of the other ‘businessy’ questions I’d been struggling with, such as what my ideal client really wanted.
Thanks to her mix of questions to get me thinking, her listening, and her giving me space to consider an answer, I now feel able to classify my role with a title, and I’m better to explain my services and why I’m qualified and passionate about offering them.”
-Katy-Rose Bye, Map Your Potential
I had been banging my head against a wall, and now things are so much clearer.
“A lot of noise has been filtered out. I had been banging my head against a wall, and now things are so much clearer.”
-Kalindi Bakshi, Sattva Pure Plant Power
I consider her ongoing feedback and help invaluable.
“Emily listened and empathized, never failing to remind me that many of my supposed shortcomings could be reframed as strengths, and that many of my strengths lay not just in my professional accolades but in my unique personality traits–traits that differentiate me from others in my field. She provided me with thoughtful assignments that allowed me to come to a variety of realizations that I could not have reached without the journey she outlined for me, and that helped to build my confidence further. Emily continues to support my growth and confidence as an expert in my niche, and I consider her ongoing help and feedback invaluable."
-Ryan Rose Cherecwich, Educational Constultant and Curriculum Developer